Monday, August 22, 2011

O, Crockpot, how I love thee! Ode to my Chicken Spaghetti!

I know, I haven't posted in a while....I've been one busy woman....and I actually have been lazy in the kitchen lately.  I'm just getting so large pregnant that I can barely wobble around anymore.

I am writing again about the crockpot, but I just still cannot get over this invention!  Its AMAZING at best!  So, what am I up to in the kitchen today?......

Actually, I didn't do ANYTHING in the kitchen today except cook some pasta.  But something even better happened in the kitchen today!!!  My husband used the crockpot!  Yep, the crockpot is so awesome, even a college kid could figure out how to make some good food with it!  Well, I nudged him a little bit by IMing him with the instructions, but we succeeded!  We had some fantastic Chicken Spaghetti (with bow-tie noodes....thank you Caden for picking those out :)).

I am just kind of proud of my husband today.  For someone who can barely boil water (ok, its not THAT bad, but could be much worse), but might as well be close enough!

And it was fantastic!  The chicken breasts just broke apart like pot roast it was THAT juicy!  Just absolutely really good.  I used 4 chicken breasts, a jar of spaghetti sauce (I like Newman's Own Marinara) and it was just fantastic!

So, kudos honey :).  Now I know of a dish you can make for all of us after the baby comes!  And we can all enjoy it (even Caden).

No comments:

Post a Comment