Of course, we wanted to reward his teachers he had over the last year in his Montessori Junior Kindergarten program. They have been so fantastic for him, and have dealt with all that he brings. His smarts and his food allergies.
That being said, I wanted to make them somethign special. And I thought about sharing. Sharing something that means a lot to Caden with them. Surprisingly, M&M's come to mind. So, I found the following board on Pinterest:
I decided to copy this (my own way). It was super easy to put together.
Materials (and Ingredients)
- A mason type jar with lid
- A large bag of M&Ms
- Card stock and ribbon for embellisments
- Quote printed on paper
1. Wash out your mason jar. Make sure its perfectly dry before you start putting any M&Ms in it!
2. In separate bowls, sort the M&Ms by color. The reason for the big bag is that you will notice there are a lot more of some colors than others. I had brown, orange and blue as my most prevelent colors. I barely had enough red.
3. Layer the M&Ms in the jar being careful not to jostle the jar too much. You want to try to make a uniform layer if you can....its actually quite hard to do.
4. Put the lid on and embellish the lid with your cardstock, and tie on with ribbon.
Here's the quote you may want to include if you'd like:
Green is for the inspiration you give me each day.
Blue is for your patience in showing me the way.
Orange is for your warmth and caring style.
Yellow is for the way you always make me smile.
Red is for my life that you have touched this year.
You’re a very special teacher just like this jar, that’s clear.
You place knowledge in our children’s hands
and melt into their hearts and lives forever.
You’re a "Magnificent" & "Marvelous" teacher
Thank you for being my M&M.
Here's how mine turned out:
I forgot to take the picture of the poem that's on the inside. But hopefully you will inspire a teacher to be great. Just be sure to ask if she's allergic to milk or lactose intolerant first :) :).