Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Easy Holiday/Birthday Present Bows

We've all been there - you get a phone call that it's your cousin's birthday and they're hosting a huge bash.  And because you decide to go (they're a lot of fun) - you have to bring a present.  BUT.....you don't have any bows lying around to top your present.  If you're anything like me, I cannot give a present that's wrapped haphazardly.  Doesn't matter if I spent $1 or $100, gotta have that present well dressed :)

My tip to you: pop to your local Dollar Tree (or PoundLand) and grab plenty of balloon string.  Any and every color they offer, because that's just about the only materials you'll need for this cute bow!!!







Materials:


  • Wrapped Present
  • Balloon string (coordinating)
  • Tape
  • Stapler with staples
  • Scissors

Method:


1. Cut 6-8 strips of balloon string about 2-3 inches each.    Perfectly fine to "eyeball" this.
Gather the balloon string pieces together so that they line up relatively even.

Staple the pieces together at one end as shown.  Cut off the excess on the short side.
  
Using one side of the scissors, curl each string.  After you curl each string, give it a little fluffing to pull the curls apart.


Tape it to your present/package. 

If you're wondering how I got the string wrapped around the present - easy peasy!  I use the package to measure the string one direction by wrapping the string around the package.  Cut the string to size.

I then turn the package so the "taped" side is up and I pull the string tautly from both ends.  I lay it flat and straight and give it a good taping down. 

I repeat that going the other direction.  Doesn't matter if its centered (I think off-kilter wrapping like this looks better).

Then, take the bow you just made and tape it on the front side at the cross-hairs created by the wrapped-around string!  Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment