Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Cupcake Banner

My beautiful banner, it came out so well and it was just so easy to do it cracks me up :).


So, here's how I did it.

Materials:
Scrapbook paper: scraps of different but coordinating colors.
Scissors
Glue or double sided tape
Letters (I used my Cricut with George cartridge)
String
Posts (I used straws)

Instructions:
First, make your triangles.  You should have however many pieces you need.  They should be at least 6 inches tall and 4 inches wide or so.  Fold in half.  From the bottom (open end) cut a V ensuring to leave the top closed.  Use glue our double-sided tape on the inside to keep it flat.
Second, make your letters.  You can make them by hand for a more tousled look.  Or if you have punches or a Cricut machine, you can use those too.
Third, using a beading technique, slide the string into your letters.  Make sure you are putting them in order so you don't misspell your word :).
Lastly, hang up on post.  I simply tied my string to two straws and poked those into the cake :).

Viola ")

No comments:

Post a Comment